Get all the nutrition you need in one healthy bowl with this courgetti and roasted chickpea bowl recipe from Power Bowls. Not only is this the ideal healthy midweek dinner, it makes an Instagram-worthy lunch for the next day. This delicious bowl is stuffed with root veg, greens, and chickpeas, which support your immune system to stave off those winter colds. Sound good? Check out the recipe below.
Courgetti and Roasted Chickpeas Bowl Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), or 180°C fan (350°F). Spread
the carrot on a baking tray and toss with ½ tbsp olive oil, the garlic,
cumin, cayenne, and turmeric. Season with salt and pepper. Roast
in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and toss with the chickpeas, making sure
everything is coated in spice. Return to the oven and roast for
another 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, toss the kale with the remaining oil and a pinch
of salt. Scrunch it together with your hands. Remove the baking tray
from the oven and add the kale. Roast for another 5 minutes.
- Place the spiralized courgette in a mixing bowl and cover with
boiling water. Blanch for 1 minute, drain, and return to the bowl. Add
the pesto and toss with the noodles, then transfer to a serving bowl.
- Top with the roasted chickpeas, veg, mozzarella, and
more pesto. Drizzle with balsamic glaze, sprinkle with pine nuts,
and season with salt and pepper.
Save time and make the avocado pesto on Sunday, then keep in the fridge:
Avocado Pesto | Makes approx. 150g (5½oz)
Combine the ingredients in a food processor or blender and whizz until smooth. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 1–2 days.
Balsamic Glaze | Makes approx. 75ml (2½fl oz)
- Pour the vinegar into a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10–15 minutes, until the vinegar has reduced to around a quarter in volume, but is still runny.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Power Bowls is your bite-sized guide to the tastiest new health food trend, and is brimming with 25 healthy bowl recipes that taste great and keep you feeling good. Whether you're looking for quick eats or healthy dinners, you'll find superfood solutions for every meal, with recipes for breakfast, dinner, and even on-the-go.